Trip advisor reviews of Copperhood Retreat & Spa.Some of the entries from our guest book and email:
• May 2014, “ I got on the scale this morning and I was a pound and a
half lighter than yesterday so the total weight loss was 5.5
pounds!!!!!! I would like to lose another 6.5 to be at my ideal weight
but my primary goal is not to gain back the weight that I just lost.
Thanks for everything. Your program really worked for us.” Kim W NYC
• April 2014, “I am completely re-energized (due largely to you and the
amazing opportunity to "reset" my eating and health habits at
Copperhood), so am starting this job completely renewed and
reenergized. I will not forget about you haha In fact, I just
"LIKED" you on Facebook :). Anyhoo, hopefully I'll get a chance to get
back there but until then will keep in touch.” Ashleigh Y. NYC
• December 2013, “I wish you and Lech a terrific 2014. I also
thank you again as I have so far kept much of the benefits I got from
you: eating better, weight loss which went back up after I left I have
brought down. Am waiting a little more before checking my blood but
have to believe it is better. I have been vegan for awhile. I hate it
but am sticking with it until I get down farther and have better blood
#s and so on. Then, I'd like to come back and move to an even
better plateau so hopefully in the spring I will return. “ Bill S NYC
• October 2013, “I almost relapsed (the week before last I had two
cigs, a few wines on a few occasions, and huge home cooked
meals....................but have since got back on
track..........this week I have been very good e.g. oats,
blueberries and walnuts for breaky,
home-made tobulie and organic chicken sandwiches for lunch ( yes
eating bread but at least it is multi grain), and dinner has been small
meals omelette last night, small pasta and big salad night
before....................I am hanging in there.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will try to get to aqua aerobics next
week ( work has been shocking but I have been working hard so
that I get back to more reasonable hours by next week), and I
haven’t joined curves yet as I am not sure where I will be living
........I have been going for half hour walks and
meditating.................................... I feel calm, competent
and excited about my future ..............so Copperhood continues to be
wonderful for me ................thank you, hi to all and I shall email
again soon.” Kathy K Australia
• October 2013, “My stay at Copperhood was beautiful and memorable. I
am still using the meditation and many principles of promoting a
healthy body that I learned from you. The energy at Copperhood was
spiritually peaceful and left me much closer to my Higher Power... I'm
sure I will see you again after you return from South Africa. I can't
wait to hear about it! Love to all of you,”
• October 2013 “Thank you again for a charming, cozy and healthy stay--I hope to return real soon! Best to all...
(oh, and I was so inspired by the plum tart, the goat cheese
omelette and all the other yummy healthy meals, that I haven't stopped
cooking since I've been home--Kids & Steve are enjoying all the
healthy treats!!) “ Lea D NY
• October 2013 “We had dinner with Bill last night and neither he nor
Jay had dessert! That is a big deal! Jay lost 10 pounds and
hasn’t gained any back! I on the other hand lost 4 but gained at
least 1 back. But I'm thrilled. It was so great being there. I hope to
get us back there soon. Meryl is working away. Hope to see
her get juice in a bottle soon.” Nancy Z NYC
• August 2013, “Thank you Elizabeth for this information and I am
doing very well. I was able to do little bit of research myself
and I can't put my hands on it right now, but fasting and a dramatic
drop in blood pressure is a known phenomenon, and explainable, in terms
of fluid shifts and changes in the way our wonderfully complicated
bodies chose to use energy. I was inspired by you, your
philosophy, and what you have created at Copperhood.
I hope to come back and please, please, climb Kille! And please
stay in touch.” Annie RI
• June 2013, “ I miss you all! I have not stopped referring
Copperhood to everyone and I understand one of my neighbors even came
up and stayed with you! I continue to reap the benefits of the
healthy mentality I acquired during my wonderful week with you. I
have lost an additional 12lbs since I last saw you and have thrown all
my size 16's and 14's into a bonfire. Hope to ditch the 12s
within a week or 2. In total I have lost 35lbs since mid-June so
am feeling so much healthier and happier. Only 30lbs to go!!! My
juicer has been put to good work and I even have Gurhan hooked on Green
Juices. He now uses green juice instead of milk on his
cornflakes! I have made zucchini spaghetti and eat raw most of
the time now. AND I found this great machine into which you put
frozen fresh fruit and it churns out "sorbet". Thank you so much for
the fantastic week and for reintroducing me to myself. I do hope
that you are all well and that Lech, Tanya and Alex continue to bring
smiles into your day. Do look me up if you are ever in the
city...” Fiona T NYC
• June 2013, “I have to thank you myself. I really felt like
Copperhood allowed me to hit the 'reset' button and I really feel
terrific starting out this trip!! “ Martie G
• May 2013, “On my last day, I weighed in at 214.5. So 8.5 pounds
lost while with you. I'm continuing to eat raw and currently am
at 211. All in all, a fabulous kick start to my journey. The
family said I looked shiny. I think the bags under my eyes were
finally gone, after 7 years! “ Jenny S MA
• April 2013, “I was just thinking about dropping you a note! I figured
you might want to know if I am still holding strong. The answer is
YES!! This is day #24 without a cigarette. It hasn’t been easy, I have
had lots of temptations and cravings but I am hanging in there. THANK
YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You were so great and supportive and I
really got the jump start that I needed at the spa. I hope to come
again very soon. “ Alex B NYC
• March 2013, “Special place, special people…I am grateful for my time
here and to have met such lovely people! My mind is quite and my
body is energized…(and the food was yummy!) Thank you!” Lea L. MA
• February 2013 “Lovely Experience!!! Will miss you guys!! “ Brad L NY
• February 2013, “I have been singing your juices' praises ever since I
left I have been eating more or less raw food. So far the pounds
have stayed off and I have been really, really good.... Take care and
big greetings to everybody at Copperhood. “ Illiana V. NY
• February 2013, “I loved my stay with you at Copperhood and look
forward to coming back soon. I miss those lovely walks in the
woods! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. “. Ann S NJ
• January 2013, ” A wonderful experience! Alexis B.
• January 2013. “I had a wonderful week at Copperhood recently.
Thank you and everyone there so much for everything! I enjoyed
and appreciated all of the experiences. Meditation with the Monks
was a highlight. The quality of your programs and instructors and
therapists was Fabulous and the juices were great and food
delicious! I have lost and kept off 5 pounds and have not
had bread, dairy or sweets since I have returned. I am
experimenting in the kitchen as well and my whole family has
benefited. I really learned a lot and got the jump start I was
looking for. Many thanks again, hi to everyone and take care! Xo
“ Rachael G.- MA
• January 2013,” Beautiful and relaxing! Jennifer L.
• January 2013, “ Just wanted to write a quick thank you for the
amazing retreat. I'd give anything to be back there now, it was such a
pleasant and peaceful time and you all were so helpful and nice. Thanks
again and hope you are doing well!” Amy D. -NY
• . January 2013, “A new way of living!” Martine R. NYC
• October 2012,” Thank you for this fabulous recipe and for the
unforgettable years at The Copperhood. Every year there gets
better and better. Best of all, you have long been one of the family!
Fond regards, “Anna D. October 2012
• August 2012, “ What a treasured experience! The staff and
management are so helpful and developed great programs. All around well
worth the effort and money!!! The photos from our stay remind us of why
we have so many memories of all of you and of Copperhood...really
missing the chef’s cooking and presentations!! Plus everyone's
unfailing encouragement and great sense of humor!! Plus all the
encouragement we got from all of you to keep up the effort. Frank
• August 2012,” Thank you again for an amazing weekend. It
was truly wonderful and lovely in every way, and your hospitality and
generosity were incredible. We had a fantastic time. “ Erin L.
• August 2012, “Great, Great Time!!! All around nice people, great setting and relaxing!!! “ Gail F.
• August 2012, “ We're out at a delicious vegan restaurant and
thinking about you! We want to thank you so much for yet another
wonderful stay!! “ Meryl and Lily NYC
• August 2012 , “ Had an energizing yet relaxing time.
Beautiful setting, everyone is friendly and helpful. I will
probably return for a juice fast. Thank you! “ Shana. W.
• August 2012, “ I found a jewel in the
mountains---Copperhood! My stay here has been one of the most
satisfying, healthy, and fun time of my life. I shall miss very
dearly Elizabeth, Lech, Tanya and Alex. My heartfelt
Thanks! “ Buffy. C DC
• August 2012,” It was worth it!!! “Marlene B.
• July 2012,” Fantastic! Thank you, I cant wait to return! “ Felicia R. NY
• July 2012, “Wonderful! Beautiful space, beautiful people.
Just what I was looking for! Thank you! Diane B. NY
May 2012, “ Thank you so much for everything. It was exactly what
the doctor ordered! I'm in a much better state of mind now and
looking forward to the next chapter in my life. “Michael T.
• April 2012, “ The Copperhood Spa and Resort in Shandaken, NY is
a beautiful, peaceful and very personal place in The Catskills. It
feels nothing like a classic resort - and that is one if its compelling
strengths. It has all the amenities, but none of the trappings. It’s a
great place for people who share mutual love of the outdoors and are in
touch with the value of life. Andre B OH
• December 2012, “ Just wanted to thank you for our wonderful
time at the spa and wanted to say a special thank you to your
chef for the delicious meals. I have incorporated some of
the recipes into my cooking., Ellen W.
• October 2012,” Thank you so much for your hospitality during
our stay. We enjoyed our week at Copperhood and are continuing on our
path to wellness. We juiced some tomatoes & carrots today!”
• September 2012, “Hello all! It was truly a great week we had--I
haven't stopped talking about it! And I've continued walking, which is
remarkable in itself. I've even made some fruit smoothies--but no green
stuff. “Leslie B. CA
• September 2012, “I'm eating vegan and have great health results
already. My energy level is much higher now than before, so there
are really no negatives in this program. I'm so grateful to you, your
staff for giving me a chance to get my life back! Warmest regards,
Outi C. NY
• August 2012,” I was re-energized (mentally and spiritually) in your little piece of heaven.” Alicia L
• July 2012, “Wonderful! Beautiful space, beautiful people. Just what I was looking for! Thank you! “ Diane B.
• May 2012, “Thank you so much for everything. It was
exactly what the doctor ordered! I'm in a much better state of
mind now and looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Michael T.
• July 2011, “Had a great time and found a new way to live. Thanks!!! “ Matt B. DC
• May 2012, ” Like coming home---as always!” Noel H.
• December 2011, ” Just wanted to thank you for our
wonderful time at the spa and wanted to say a special thank you to your
cook for the delicious meals. I have incorporated some of the
recipes into my cooking. Warmest regards, “Ellen W. NYC
• .July 2011, “ This is a place I will not forget! So many
special moments to remember and such special people that make the time
great. Gill P
• June 2011, “I had the time of my life-exceptional staff, tremendous facility, magical place. “ Nikole K. NYC
"My energy level is great. We go walking, hiking, bicycling and
swimming. I have lost 13 pounds more since I left Copperhood. I had a
new blood test taken and the doctor told me I am no longer diabetic and
my thyroid levels are much better and I don't have to take anymore
medication for those ailments anymore. I am having no problem sticking
to a 50 percent raw food diet, and 50 percent cooked. I have learned to
use food for fuel and nutrition and not for comfort anymore. On
Sundays, we both do juicing and we feel great. I learned a lot of great
lessons at Copperhood and I am grateful. I especially love doing yoga
every day, and now I am finally able to do the traditional yoga poses
on the floor without a chair. I am much more flexible, and it gets
better every day. I am very happy. I would love to get the recipes for
the Potassium broth and the "Not Tuna" pate salad. I am going canoeing
tomorrow for the first time, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and great
exercise! Thanks to everyone.", Carla
"Thank you again for a wonderful stay at your beautiful spa. I had such
a wonderful time and feel really good still. Have still not had a diet
coke :) Hopefully I can keep it up!", Melissa
"I am saving money to my return to your spa!!!! I fill so good right
now and I am back to my routine of exercises. I havenīt gain my weight
back and I think I wonīt gain it back either. I am so glad I went there
and like I told you before, I achieved everything I expected from the
Spa. Keep in touch," Mayda.
• 7/24/09, "I have not seen any of my friends yet but my PT and my trainer thought I looked fantastic.", Deborah
"I am managing to eat better and I have been up walking first thing
each day since I got back! Many thanks again to Colette and Elizabeth
for a great stay. Take care.", Orla
"Elizabeth, we had a wonderful time last weekend. A break from our
regular routines and a chance to relax and take care of ourselves was
just what we needed. All of the people that did my treatments were
great, the inn was very nice and Collette is the best. I'm sure she
will be missed when she leaves in August. The only reason I give you a
4 for outdoor activities is because of the goats. If they walked behind
me that would have been fine, but they kept stopping in front of me to
eat. I'm sure we'll see you again! Thank you," Nicole
"My mother, sister and I discussed not only how delicious the food was,
but how much better we felt eating in such a healthy manner. It made
all of us reconsider our diets and vow to work in more vegetables and
fish and to cut way back on meat, rice/potatoes and fried foods. Also,
we found the power breathing exercises to be tremendously helpful in
terms of addressing stress day-to-day and are trying to incorporate
them into our daily lives.", Rochelle
"Actually I lost more than 5 pounds. I weighed myself on my WII system
before I left and could not wait to weigh when I got home. I actually
lost 7.3 pounds in 5 days! Awesome! I was REALLY glad to see my husband
as he was to see me. I find myself using the breathing techniques that
I learned and have been eating raw. Finally the lettuce that I buy has
been eaten and did not spoil in the fridge! I sometimes feel like an
addict that has left the rehab center. I want to keep the pounds off
and loose a few more, and find myself afraid of food. But I have been
easing myself onto solids and have been very conscious of my eating
habits. Fruit, Salad, and nuts have been my mainstay. I eat a little
protein and A LOT of raw veggies. Planning on getting a juicer, and
waiting for my Zafu to arrive in the mail. I had a fantastic experience
and look forward to visiting again soon.", Temah
"Elizabeth and staff I can not think of a single thing that you could
of done or changed this experience! It was truly memorable I look so
foward to coming back.", AnnMarie
• Bonnie wrote: "All the way to heaven is heaven itself, at least at the Copperhood".
• 12/4/08, "I stopped smoking, lost 10 lb, my skin looks amazing and I am ready to face my life again", Lisa B
• Ellen Frost wrote on 12/21/08, "Just what I needed. I will do it for myself at regular intervals."
• Michael Barack wrote on 11/29/08, "a memorable, restful, abundant experience."
• 11/25/08, Tracey Ewaskey and Andy Sarin, wrote "Wow! What an amazing getaway."
• Lorraine W wrote on 4/15/08, "the first of many visits."
• Nancy wrote, "we easily thought of coming here again first", 1/08.
• 1/08, Joy wrote, "I love the calm, relaxed atmosphere and the delicious food. I ate and yet I dropped weight."
you for taking such good care of me. I lost 6 pounds in 10 days and
kept it off. I discovered how much I enjoy being physically
active and eating healthy without feeling deprived.", Jennifer Cobb
• "Savored every minute-food", Kim Anonsen, 8/30/08.
• Diane wrote, "we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves."
McCarthy wrote, "a moment of peace and beauty. Stress and pounds
vanished as my mind and body felt revitalized."
• "The staff was so friendly and yet very professional," Karen C.
• Elizabeth D wrote on 10/19/07, "Bliss!!!!!!! Nirvana!!!!!!…speechless."
• "Your staff rose to the occasion and made us all feel renewed.", Ann C.
• 11/20/05, "What a gem. The secret is out.", Lisa Weitzman and Melissa Beamann.
• Meryl Cohen wrote on 8/27/07, "It was amazing."
• "My time spent here was out of this world.", said Angela Jamies, 8/19/07.
• "Exceeded all my expectations.", Cheryl Welch, 7/22/07
• Patricia and Thomas Byrne wrote on 6/2/07, "We felt so at home."
• Martha Klessen wrote, "fantastic, especially hiking with Elizabeth and Brutus", 5/9/07.
• Teri Charney wrote on 4/16/06, "A superb experience in rejuvenation,"
• 1/20/06, "ahhhhhh!!!!", Pete and Susan Rawlins.
• Zulena Sanchez and Brad Bell wrote, "This was a great find for us!"
• The Humphries wrote, "very therapeutic and enjoyable for us."
• 5/24/97 Jim Stanton wrote, "an oasis away from worries."
• Patty and Chris Rooney, "we fell in love all again", May 26 1996.
• June 17 1996, Mark, Jane and Matthew wrote, "like old Europe-beautiful, elegant, restorative."
• Tom and Rose Elliot, "forward to the elegant past", 8/11/96.
• Cliff Greenberg wrote on 8/28/05, "It’s heaven. My second home."
• Cindy Kuhn wrote, "I really enjoyed my downtime and hope to return soon."
• Leslie Davies wrote, "thank you for introducing us to hiking, healthy eating and wild mushrooms."
• Mary Meyers wrote, "everyone was green with envy when they saw us and as described our stay."
12 02 Asha wrote, "I needed to get back to the place again. What I
accomplished here will last me for a while. I really crave your
Wallace wrote on 2/22/02, "Wow! What a lovely time I’d had just
focusing on me, on what I want and need. The results speak for
• Paige wrote, on 2/22/02, "a wonderful place to spend time and relax reconnect with yourself."
• "We both feel great from all that relaxation and great food, great hikes and yoga.", Eileen and Tom, 3/10/01.
• "I am still raving about the apple squash soup..", said Orestis and Diane C, 30 November 2000.
• "We felt so at home that it was difficult to leave!", said Jeff and Elizabeth , 2/25/99.
• July 15, 1998, Mary Meyers and Robert L wrote, "what a heavenly few days we had.."
• Eric and Andrea Solomon wrote, "cozy and yummy", 4/5/98.
• "We really enjoyed all the spa treatments and delicious food", Andrea and Chris, Iaco Dec 10 1998.
• Matthew, Patience and Gregory Owens, "wish we could have stayed longer", 12-19-97.
• Leonid Stein and Inna Farber wrote on 12/07/97, "“incredible place for any occasion."
• "I've been telling everyone about your place…", Franklin, 6/22/97.
• Natasha Levine wrote on 2/5/93, "excellent food and gorgeous hiking dog."
• Y. Nambu, 20 Feb 1992, “unforgettable experience."
• Richard Lorenzen and Mary Carender wrote on 6/27/91, "better than Europe and no flying."
wrote, "A blessing for me. I went home lighter, fitter and calmer. The
road to wellness starts at Copperhood", Tony Rubano.
• 6/20/90 Lynn and Bob Brick wrote, "this is a great retreat, everything we wanted and more."
• Laura and Tony Kimble wrote, "a very pleasant surprise indeed."