Trip advisor reviews of Copperhood Retreat & Spa.
Some of the entries from our guest book:
"My energy level is great. We go walking, hiking, bicycling and
swimming. I have lost 13 pounds more since I left Copperhood. I had a
new blood test taken and the doctor told me I am no longer diabetic and
my thyroid levels are much better and I don't have to take anymore
medication for those ailments anymore. I am having no problem sticking
to a 50 percent raw food diet, and 50 percent cooked. I have learned to
use food for fuel and nutrition and not for comfort anymore. On
Sundays, we both do juicing and we feel great. I learned a lot of great
lessons at Copperhood and I am grateful. I especially love doing yoga
every day, and now I am finally able to do the traditional yoga poses
on the floor without a chair. I am much more flexible, and it gets
better every day. I am very happy. I would love to get the recipes for
the Potassium broth and the "Not Tuna" pate salad. I am going canoeing
tomorrow for the first time, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and great
exercise! Thanks to everyone.", Carla
"Thank you again for a wonderful stay at your beautiful spa. I had such
a wonderful time and feel really good still. Have still not had a diet
coke :) Hopefully I can keep it up!", Melissa
"I am saving money to my return to your spa!!!! I fill so good right
now and I am back to my routine of exercises. I havenīt gain my weight
back and I think I wonīt gain it back either. I am so glad I went there
and like I told you before, I achieved everything I expected from the
Spa. Keep in touch," Mayda.
• 7/24/09, "I have not seen any of my friends yet but my PT and my trainer thought I looked fantastic.", Deborah
"I am managing to eat better and I have been up walking first thing
each day since I got back! Many thanks again to Colette and Elizabeth
for a great stay. Take care.", Orla
"Elizabeth, we had a wonderful time last weekend. A break from our
regular routines and a chance to relax and take care of ourselves was
just what we needed. All of the people that did my treatments were
great, the inn was very nice and Collette is the best. I'm sure she
will be missed when she leaves in August. The only reason I give you a
4 for outdoor activities is because of the goats. If they walked behind
me that would have been fine, but they kept stopping in front of me to
eat. I'm sure we'll see you again! Thank you," Nicole
"My mother, sister and I discussed not only how delicious the food was,
but how much better we felt eating in such a healthy manner. It made
all of us reconsider our diets and vow to work in more vegetables and
fish and to cut way back on meat, rice/potatoes and fried foods. Also,
we found the power breathing exercises to be tremendously helpful in
terms of addressing stress day-to-day and are trying to incorporate
them into our daily lives.", Rochelle
"Actually I lost more than 5 pounds. I weighed myself on my WII system
before I left and could not wait to weigh when I got home. I actually
lost 7.3 pounds in 5 days! Awesome! I was REALLY glad to see my husband
as he was to see me. I find myself using the breathing techniques that
I learned and have been eating raw. Finally the lettuce that I buy has
been eaten and did not spoil in the fridge! I sometimes feel like an
addict that has left the rehab center. I want to keep the pounds off
and loose a few more, and find myself afraid of food. But I have been
easing myself onto solids and have been very conscious of my eating
habits. Fruit, Salad, and nuts have been my mainstay. I eat a little
protein and A LOT of raw veggies. Planning on getting a juicer, and
waiting for my Zafu to arrive in the mail. I had a fantastic experience
and look forward to visiting again soon.", Temah
"Elizabeth and staff I can not think of a single thing that you could
of done or changed this experience! It was truly memorable I look so
foward to coming back.", AnnMarie
• Bonnie wrote: "All the way to heaven is heaven itself, at least at the Copperhood".
• 12/4/08, "I stopped smoking, lost 10 lb, my skin looks amazing and I am ready to face my life again", Lisa B
• Ellen Frost wrote on 12/21/08, "Just what I needed. I will do it for myself at regular intervals."
• Michael Barack wrote on 11/29/08, "a memorable, restful, abundant experience."
• 11/25/08, Tracey Ewaskey and Andy Sarin, wrote "Wow! What an amazing getaway."
• Lorraine W wrote on 4/15/08, "the first of many visits."
• Nancy wrote, "we easily thought of coming here again first", 1/08.
• 1/08, Joy wrote, "I love the calm, relaxed atmosphere and the delicious food. I ate and yet I dropped weight."
you for taking such good care of me. I lost 6 pounds in 10 days and
kept it off. I discovered how much I enjoy being physically
active and eating healthy without feeling deprived.", Jennifer Cobb
• "Savored every minute-food", Kim Anonsen, 8/30/08.
• Diane wrote, "we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves."
McCarthy wrote, "a moment of peace and beauty. Stress and pounds
vanished as my mind and body felt revitalized."
• "The staff was so friendly and yet very professional," Karen C.
• Elizabeth D wrote on 10/19/07, "Bliss!!!!!!! Nirvana!!!!!!…speechless."
• "Your staff rose to the occasion and made us all feel renewed.", Ann C.
• 11/20/05, "What a gem. The secret is out.", Lisa Weitzman and Melissa Beamann.
• Meryl Cohen wrote on 8/27/07, "It was amazing."
• "My time spent here was out of this world.", said Angela Jamies, 8/19/07.
• "Exceeded all my expectations.", Cheryl Welch, 7/22/07
• Patricia and Thomas Byrne wrote on 6/2/07, "We felt so at home."
• Martha Klessen wrote, "fantastic, especially hiking with Elizabeth and Brutus", 5/9/07.
• Teri Charney wrote on 4/16/06, "A superb experience in rejuvenation,"
• 1/20/06, "ahhhhhh!!!!", Pete and Susan Rawlins.
• Zulena Sanchez and Brad Bell wrote, "This was a great find for us!"
• The Humphries wrote, "very therapeutic and enjoyable for us."
• 5/24/97 Jim Stanton wrote, "an oasis away from worries."
• Patty and Chris Rooney, "we fell in love all again", May 26 1996.
• June 17 1996, Mark, Jane and Matthew wrote, "like old Europe-beautiful, elegant, restorative."
• Tom and Rose Elliot, "forward to the elegant past", 8/11/96.
• Cliff Greenberg wrote on 8/28/05, "It’s heaven. My second home."
• Cindy Kuhn wrote, "I really enjoyed my downtime and hope to return soon."
• Leslie Davies wrote, "thank you for introducing us to hiking, healthy eating and wild mushrooms."
• Mary Meyers wrote, "everyone was green with envy when they saw us and as described our stay."
12 02 Asha wrote, "I needed to get back to the place again. What I
accomplished here will last me for a while. I really crave your
Wallace wrote on 2/22/02, "Wow! What a lovely time I’d had just
focusing on me, on what I want and need. The results speak for
• Paige wrote, on 2/22/02, "a wonderful place to spend time and relax reconnect with yourself."
• "We both feel great from all that relaxation and great food, great hikes and yoga.", Eileen and Tom, 3/10/01.
• "I am still raving about the apple squash soup..", said Orestis and Diane C, 30 November 2000.
• "We felt so at home that it was difficult to leave!", said Jeff and Elizabeth , 2/25/99.
• July 15, 1998, Mary Meyers and Robert L wrote, "what a heavenly few days we had.."
• Eric and Andrea Solomon wrote, "cozy and yummy", 4/5/98.
• "We really enjoyed all the spa treatments and delicious food", Andrea and Chris, Iaco Dec 10 1998.
• Matthew, Patience and Gregory Owens, "wish we could have stayed longer", 12-19-97.
• Leonid Stein and Inna Farber wrote on 12/07/97, "“incredible place for any occasion."
• "I've been telling everyone about your place…", Franklin, 6/22/97.
• Natasha Levine wrote on 2/5/93, "excellent food and gorgeous hiking dog."
• Y. Nambu, 20 Feb 1992, “unforgettable experience."
• Richard Lorenzen and Mary Carender wrote on 6/27/91, "better than Europe and no flying."
wrote, "A blessing for me. I went home lighter, fitter and calmer. The
road to wellness starts at Copperhood", Tony Rubano.
• 6/20/90 Lynn and Bob Brick wrote, "this is a great retreat, everything we wanted and more."
• Laura and Tony Kimble wrote, "a very pleasant surprise indeed."